Applying to Hellenic College
Hellenic College is committed to diversity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. Qualified first-year and transfer students are admitted in September and January on a rolling admissions basis. Admission is based on each candidate’s academic record, application, personal essay, recommendations, extracurricular activities, admission interview, and test scores.
Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status, religion, age, or disability. We seek to provide opportunities and experiences for all students on an equal basis. Application questions marked as not required are used for summary reporting purposes to ascertain compliance with the college's guidelines only. These answers are not used as a basis for admission or in any discriminatory manner.
Please read all of the information below and download the appropriate bundle of supplemental required application forms. Then click on the button below to begin the online application.
All of the following are taken into consideration in judging qualifications for admission.
- Completed Online Application Form
- Personal Essay (or a graded writing sample)
- Interview with the Admissions Director (in person preferred; via Skype or on the phone accepted)
- Academic Report from high school Guidance Counselor (Freshman applicants only)
- Official Copy of all Transcripts (all high schools and colleges attended)
- Evaluations from two instructors (Employer may count as one evaluation)
- ACT or SAT scores (waived for transfer students with over 24 credit hours of college work)
In addition the above requirements, the following types of applicants must meet the requirements described below:
|Hierarch's Evaluation||Copy of Passport||Submit Course Descriptions or Course Catalog from previous Colleges/Universities|
|Priest's Recommendation||Affidavit of Support|
Copy of Baptismal Certificate
|TOEFL or IELTS test scores*
Hellenic College Holy Cross Code #: 9794
*Hellenic College requires a minimum score of 80 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 6.5 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS) examination.
- Hellenic College Standard Applicants >>
- Hellenic College Seminarian Applicants >>
- Hellenic College International Applicants >>
- Hellenic College International Seminarian Applicants >>
All forms may be emailed or faxed to the Office of Admissions with the exception of official transcripts and test scores which must be sent directly to HCHC from the original institution. Once application materials are submitted to Hellenic College, they become the permanent possession of Hellenic College and may not be returned to the applicant.
|Early Action||December 1|
|Priority Deadline||February 1|
|Enrollment Deposit Deadline||2 Weeks After Acceptance|
|Regular Deadline||December 15|
|Enrollment Deposit Deadline||January 1|
Hellenic College has a rolling admissions policy. Please contact us
even if you have missed a deadline. We are happy to work with you.
Director of Admissions